gun (plural guns)
- (Military) A cannon with relatively long barrel, operating with relatively low angle of fire, and having a high muzzle velocity. JP 1-02.
- (Military) A cannon with tube length 30 calibers or more. See also: howitzer; mortar. JP 1-02.
- A very portable, short weapon, for hand use; a bullet or projectile firing weapon.
- A less portable, long weapon; a bullet or projectile firing weapon; a rifle, either manual, automatic or semi-automatic.
- This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for fighting, one is for fun. (U.S. Army chant, used to make recruits memorize that the only correct term for a soldier"s firearm is "rifle", not some "gun".)
- (surfing) A long surfboard designed for surfing big waves (not the same as a longboard, a gun has a pointed nose and is generally a little narrower).
- 2000: by the winter of 1962, the Brewer Surfboards Hawaii gun was the most in-demand big-wave equipment on the North Shore. â€” Drew Kampion at surfline.com 
3 letters in word "gun": G N U.
Anagrams of gun:
Words found within gun: